Whether you have two pairs of shoes or dozen pairs, a shoe rack is a must have item. And if you are fashionable, and like to wear shoes according to occasion and setting, you probably have much more pairs. With many pairs in your collection, it becomes difficult to arrange them in perfect order. A Shoe rack not only helps you organize your shoes based on style but also prevent dust and scuffing. Moreover, it also ensures efficient use of space.
With a great number and types of shoe racks available in the market, it can be confusing to choose the one which best fit your needs. To help you out choosing, we have created this guideline. This guide will enlighten you about the importance of a shoe rack and will lead your way to buy the best shoe rack.
Benefits of Shoe Racks
There are plenty of benefits of having a shoe rack in your home. Let’s look at some of the most important benefits:
• Shoe rack allows you to keep all of your shoes in one place. You can place it at any convenient position you like and choose the pair you would like to wear. In other words, it allows ease of access by eliminating the process of locating your shoes.
• Even a small rack can store lots of shoe pairs, thus ensuring efficient use of space. If your shoes are scattered all over the house, which they are in the absence of shoe rack, they cover a lot of floor space. But if you put all of them in a single rack, it will create a lot of free space.
• It protects your shoes from dust, scuffing, scratching, and extreme weather conditions. And if you live in a high humid area, you must consider having one because humidity can spoil your fancy shoes.
• If you don’t want your guests to enter your home or room with shoes, you can place one rack at the entrance. It will not only keep your carpet clean but will also leave a positive impression on your guest. It looks cool!
Looking at these great benefits of shoe racks, you must be considering having one right now. So, let’s move on to the buying guide.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Shoe Rack
You must consider the following things before buying.
Though shoe racks don’t take much space and are very compact, space is still a consideration. You must measure the available space in your home where you want to put the rack. Measure the length, width, and height of the space you want to allocate for the rack with a measuring tape. And always try to record the measurement in inches.
You must consider the height of the shoes before buying, Different types of shoes have differentheight; for example, sneakers, loafers, and flats don’t require much height. Conversely, boots and high heel need more space.
Do you need to store lots of pairs or just a few? If you have few pairs which you would like to store, you can gofor the small rack, like 1 tier rack. On the other hand, if you have a dozen pairs, you will need a big one, like 4 or 5 tier rack.
Last but not the least, budget matters a lot. Shoe racks are available in a wide price range. Canvas or plastic shoe racks are cheaper as compared to wooden or chrome-plated. If you want high quality, you should go for wooden or chrome-plated racks. But if you don’t have much money to spend, canvas or plastic shoe racks can also serve the purpose.
Types of Shoe Racks
Numerous types of shoe racks are available in the market. Shoe racks can be classified based on the design, size, space, and the material used. Some of the popular types are discussed in this section.
Underbed Shoe Rack
Mostly made from plastic and fabric, however, wooden and steel versions are also available. You can put them under the bed and push in or pull out. Plastic and fabric units usually have a handle. Whereas, wooden and steel units have wheels for dragging.
Over the Door Shoe Rack
It can be hooked on the door or hung on the wall. It is ideal for homes with no free space. It has foldaway bars which act as shelves and can be adjusted based on shoe height. It is made up of steel (lightweight or chrome-plated) and doesn’t require assembly.
Cabinet Shoe Racks
These racks are often made up of wood. They are very aesthetic and have an appealing design which often adds to the beauty of the room. Horizontal and vertical boards divide the shoe cabinet into separate parts. And these parts can be used to store individual pair. Shoe cabinet has a swinging or sliding door which protects shoes from dust.
Free Standing Shoe Racks
These racks require more space and are made up of steel, wood, or plastic. Some of these have stackable options, which create a more storage space for the same floor space. Space can maximize by putting the high heels and boots on the top shelve and flats or sneakers on the lower shelves.
Buy on Amazon.
Since now you have all the necessary information, it’s time to buy a shoe rack online. You can find all the latest types of shoe racks at the Amazon link given below.
Products from Amazon.in
- Price: INR 335.00
- Price: INR 1,399.00Was: INR 5,199.00
- Price: INR 399.00Was: INR 799.00
- Price: INR 2,499.00Was: INR 2,687.00
- Price: INR 799.00Was: INR 1,999.00
- Price: INR 1,399.00Was: INR 1,499.00
- Price: INR 1,032.98Was: INR 1,998.00
- Price: INR 355.00Was: INR 995.00
- Price: INR 2,699.00Was: INR 3,999.00
You can also view detailed and comprehensive articles over here on other lifestyle products such as shower curtain, wall mural, indoor fountain, wall panels, hair straightener, dog blanket, collapsible shopping trolley, LED 3d Illusion Lamp, automatic soap dispenser etc.